This policy is mainly written to ensure that your air travel experience with Africa World Airlines will encompass, to the best of our abilities, the most comprehensive customer service possible. We have outlined our responsibilities and how we will fulfil them in 10-key points, known as our Customer Commitment Principles.
This Customer Commitment Policy applies to our flights operating within Ghana, to and from the WestAfrican sub-region.
1. . NOTIFYING CONSUMERS OF KNOWN DELAYS, CANCELLATIONS, AND DIVERSIONS
We will provide full and timely information on the status of known delays, cancellations, and diversions within 30 minutes of Africa World Airlines becoming aware of the change in the status of the flight by making announcements:
- At the boarding gate area and through the use of Gate Information Display Screens (GIDS) where available.
- Through Flight Information Display screens (FIDS) where available.
- Through a toll-free telephone number (0800 200 200)
- Upon request, through our telephone reservation system (0242 438888)
- On www.flyawa.com.gh for updates
- Through Africa World Airlines E-Messenger, Facebook, Instagram or twitter flight notification.
- At the airport, after the first delay announcement, updates are given after every 30mins
- If your flight is cancelled other than as a result of Extraordinary Circumstances which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable steps had been taken, i.e. bad weather, you will not be entitled to compensation other than the right to cancel the flight and claim a refund or rebook an alternative date without additional fees unless for peculiar cases. We will provide 30mins update regarding the status of a flight if there is an extreme delay after you have boarded or after the plane has landed. If safety and security conditions allow, we will provide for your essential needs such as food, potable water, operable lavatory facilities, and access to medical treatment. For further information, see www.flyawa.com.gh’s Contingency Plan for Lengthy Tarmac or Gate Delays on our website.
- Passengers on domestic and regional flights are refreshed after one hour of delay
2. DELIVERING BAGGAGE ON TIME
- It is our hope to deliver your baggage on time; however, in the event that this does not occur, we will make every reasonable effort to return misplaced baggage within 21 days. We will compensate you for reasonable expenses that result due to a delay in delivery for domestic flights, and as required by applicable international agreements for international flights. If we cannot locate your bag within 21 days, it will be considered lost, and we will reimburse you for any fee charged to transport your bag.
- You are encouraged to notify an Africa World Airlines employee at the airport if you cannot locate your baggage. To check on the progress of your bag search, call 0540 115196 or go to Delayed, Lost, or Damaged Baggage reporting procedures on our website.
3. DETERMINING FARES AND PRICES
- It is mandatory company requirement that all travelers intending to travel on board AWA operated domestic flights must purchase and be issued with a ticket. The price of a ticket shall be determined by rates specified in our fare policy
- In special cases prices and fares may be overridden, based on extraordinary circumstances subject to approval. The merits of each circumstance shall be assessed on a case by case basis.
4. PROVIDING VOLUNTARY TICKET REFUNDS WITHIN 20 DAYS FOR CREDIT CARD PURCHASES, AND WITHIN 7 BUSINESS DAYS FOR CASH OR CHEQUE PURCHASES
- We will issue refunds for eligible domestic tickets within seven (7) business days after receiving a complete refund request for cash and cheque purchases, and within 20 business days after receiving a complete refund request for international ticket purchases made by credit cards, including any fees for optional services if you were unable to use the services but instant refund or rescheduling due to an over sale situation or flight cancellation on our part.
- For the avoidance of doubt tickets issued by travel or corporate agencies shall not be refunded by the airline at the airport.
- Passengers whose tickets have been issued by agencies are politely asked to contact their agencies for refunds if there is no option to transfer them to another operating airline.
For refund assistance:
- Go to ‘Applying for a Refund’ on www.flyawa.com.gh for online refund information. All refunds are done at AWA offices
- Requests for refunds may be submitted to any Africa World Airlines ticketing location or your travel agent
- Refunds for electronic tickets may be requested by sending an email to our Reservations SupportTeam on firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions on how to apply for a refund or check status on a refund request, call our CallCenter on 0242 438888 or 0800-200-200 between the hours of 4:00am-9:00pm GMT.
5. PROPERLY ACCOMMODATING PASSENGERS WITH REDUCED MOBILITY (PRM) AND CHILDREN TRAVELING ALONE DURING TARMAC DELAYS
Passengers with Reduced Mobility
Accommodating the special needs of passengers with reduced mobility is a top priority for Africa WorldAirlines. We offer a variety of special services to such passengers, including:
- Transportation to, from, and between gates by wheelchair (Due to structural limitation on our current E-145 fleet, only WCHR cases are supported)
- Assistance for/to visual or mobility impairments while in the airport and on the aircraft
- Accommodation/Support or assistance for certain medical requirements, such as stretcher use are not available at the moment.
- Consideration of your needs during extended tarmac delays.
- Additional information may be found on www.flyawa.com.gh at Services for Travelers with reduced mobility. To ensure the high quality of these services and protection of customer rights, we designate CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP TEAM (CRT) in all airports who are responsible for ensuring services are properly implemented for our customers with disabilities. You may request a CRT by contacting an Africa World Airlines agent.
Children Traveling Alone
- We provide detailed information on www.flyawa.com.gh on Children Traveling Alone. Parents or Guardians may also call 0242 438888/ Toll free 0800 200 200 for information on children with ages 5 through 12 who are unaccompanied minor. We are also happy to provide this service to children ages 12 through 17 traveling alone. Fees apply for unaccompanied minor service.
- Our policies support the safety and well-being of children traveling alone, ensuring your child is comfortable during his or her flight and that he or she follows all onboard crew direction, including instructions on safety procedures and behavior. Further, we will not release a minor traveling alone to anyone other than the person you have designated.
6. HANDLING “DENIED BOARDING” PASSENGERS WITH FAIRNESS AND CONSISTENCY IN THE CASE OF AN OVERSOLD FLIGHT
Passengers with confirmed reservations on a flight frequently fail to show, we are permitted by APPROVED regulations to sell more tickets for travel than there are seats on the aircraft to reduce the number of empty seats on our flights. In rare cases, this may result in an “oversold flight,” in which we cannot accommodate one or more passengers with confirmed reservations. When this happens, we will comply with all applicable regulations for handling the flight. Our policies and procedures for treating you with fairness and consistency include:
- Providing information at airports, including our boarding priority rules, about our policies and procedures for handling situations when all ticketed customers cannot be accommodated on a flight.
- Notifying you of required check-in times through our reservations phone line and at the Check-in counter.
- Letting you know, upon your request, if your flight is overbooked through Reservations Sales or our airport customer service representatives.
- Requesting volunteers for denied boarding before using any other boarding priority. If there are not enough volunteers, we will deny boarding according to our boarding priority rules.
- Offering a transportation credit if you voluntarily give up your seat. These transportation credits canbe used toward the purchase of another Africa World Airlines ticket to the destination of your choice. Transportation credits are redeemable within one year by calling our Call Centre.VI. Providing notice explaining our obligations and the compensation you will receive if you are involuntarily denied boarding.VII. Rebooking you on the first available Africa World Airlines flight to your ticketed destination if you are involuntarily denied boarding.VIII. Providing hotel accommodations at Africa World Airlines-contracted facilities, if you are away from your home and are involuntarily bumped from a flight and we are unable to accommodate you on analternative flight on the same travel day. If hotel accommodations are unavailable, we will compensate you with a transportation credit commensurate in value with the contracted hotel rate up to $100.
7. DISCLOSING CANCELLATION POLICIES, FREQUENT FLYER RULES, AIRCRAFT SEATING CONFIGURATION, AND LAVATORY AVAILABILITY ON AFRICA WORLD AIRLINES.COM AND UPON REQUEST, BY CALLING RESERVATION SALES
We will provide you with timely and complete information on www.flyawa.com.gh or, upon request, by calling our Call Center. Information on www.flyawa.com.gh is available by following the links below:
- Cancellation Policy
- Frequent Flyer Details
- Aircraft Seating Configuration (and then select aircraft type)
- Lavatory Availability (and then select aircraft type)
8. NOTIFYING YOU IN A TIMELY MANNER OF CHANGES IN YOUR TRAVEL ITINERARY
We will attempt to contact you, via contact information provided in your reservation, about changes in your travel itinerary when the event is known at least one hour before departure.
9. ENSURING RESPONSIVENESS TO CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS
We will acknowledge receipt of written customer complaints within 24hours of their receipt, and will send a substantive response between 48 hours to (2) weeks depending on the gravity of the complaint. File a complaint by sending us an email on email@example.com.
10. IDENTIFYING THE SERVICES AFRICA WORLD AIRLINES PROVIDES TO MITIGATE PASSENGER INCONVENIENCES RESULTING FROM CANCELLATIONS AND MISCONNECTS
In order to mitigate inconveniences due to a delay, cancellation, or irregular operation:
• We will automatically rebook you on the next available flight and will make every reasonable effort to reroute your checked baggage on the same flight requested.